Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I was wondering does you stomach have a pulse?

yesturday I was playing with my son and I but him right in the middle of my stomach and I felt like a pulse just taping. I got so scared I just wanted to know if this is normal. thanks
Answer:
vain,

Well, it's not your stomach exactly, it's your aorta, and it is perfectly normal.

Your aorta arises from your left ventrical in our heart, curves up, back, and then down, and descends into your abdomen. If you put your hand high on your abdomen and push fairly hard, you'll be able to feel a pulse. That's just the way we're built.

When you think about it, what happened to you is a gift. You, your son, your hearts close together, and the heartbeat that gave him life to begin with, is a beautiful moment. Enjoy it each time.
Yes - there is a huge vein, the vena cava and an artery, the aorta, that runs right through the middle of the body. I think only veins have pulses, so you most likely felt the vena cava. It's actually a good thing to feel someone's pulse :). Totally normal. No worries!
'pulse' is caused from blood 'pulsing' through your body after being 'pushed' through from your heart.

there are multiple places on your body where you can feel your pulse. (try your wrist, or behind your ear, or between your thumb and forefinger). so, theoretically, anywhere blood flows through your body, you could feel a pulse...
I have a strong abdominal pulse as well . it can be absolutely normal for the abdominal aortic pulse to be felt and seen , more so in thin people--- and when in certain positions such as laying on your back. :-) totally normal! :)
Sure its completely "Normal", hun! There are many places you can feel a "Pulse" at.. I have felt mine in various places, especially when I am being really active!! My neck especially, and my wrist, and even on my inner arm area, I have felt a pulse on my stomache before, like yourself, so there is "no" reason to be "alarmed", your going to be just fine! When your wrestling around like that , or getting your heart pumping in any way, you'll be surprised when and where you'll feel a "pulse" at! Just be "Glad" for the "Fun-Loving-Uncoditional-Well-... time you shared with your son!!" That's so important these days, with both parents working "nowadays"!! To try to spend as much time with our children as possible, you know.. Hey, you have a "Wonderful Evening, for us on Yahoo, and remember they grow-up right in front of our eyes, and off to "College" they go, before you know it!! So Sad, but so "True!!! Smile!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Is there anything Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net