Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lately I have been sleeping too much and not hearing my alarms to wake up. I set three of them!What can I do?

And it takes a long time and a Mt Dew or two before I feel awake. I have also lost energy and do not want to do anything.
Answer:
Is it possible that you may have developed sleep apnea? Are you depressed? Research both and either way I would see your doctor.
Get off ByeDR.com and go to bed.
Exercise before you go to bed, and get into bed around 8, but no later than nine. This will ensure that you sleep soundly and that you can sleep for at least 10 hours of sleep if you were to wake up at 6. Use only one alarm, not three because the three alarms desensitizes you. If you can use a cell phone to wake you up, do so. Set it do a different ring than you're used to, turn it on the vibrator too, if it will let you, and place the phone somewhere you can't reach for it and turn it off in your sleep.

Enjoy your sleep and I hope you wake up well rested!
Do you get enough sleep? Are you going to bed at a decent hour? It sounds like you may have a lot of stress in your life and may have some symptoms of depression. I would talk to your doctor and make sure. Here is a link that may be helpful....
Poor sleep hygiene, not getting to bed at the right time, to much caffeine, stress and just staying up to late at night can all be factors. Make an appointment with your MD, lay off the Mt. Dew and keep a sleep journal. Getting exercise on a regular basis won't hurt either.
Don't sleep very late.
Wake up early in the morning.

Tell someone to wake you up
(people are better than alarm clocks)

Do it for about a week or so, so that your BODY CLOCK will return to normal.
1. Make sure you are getting enough sleep. Try to get at least 8 hours average of sleep. If you have been averaging 6 hours for instance, you may need to catch up on sleep, so try sleeping 9 or 10 hours for a night or 2 to see if you feel better.

2. Make sure all of your alarm clocks are working. Just in case.

3. Try hiding one or more of the alarm clocks. I used to have 2
or 3 alarm clocks myself, and when I knew I was getting less sleep than I needed, I would always hide one so that I would have to wake up enough to find it in order to turn it off.

4. Gradually wean yourself off caffeine as much as possible. Caffeine withdrawal can cause fatigue as well as headaches.
I used to have the equivalent of about 10 to 12 cups of coffee daily in college, but have now (with encouragement from my doctor) weaned myself down to about 2 to 4 cups daily.

5. Depression can cause fatigue. If you have been feeling sad for no reason, or feeling helpless or hopeless, you may be depressed. See a doctor for treatment if you are depressed.
You can try to do self-hypnosis as you go to sleep each night. First, you've got to be really relaxed and you begin this by breathing deeply and slowly inward and then exhale out your mouth by slowly blowing out your air. Do this until you don't have to think about it anymore, maybe 10 times or so. Then, in your mind, tell yourself that when the first alarm goes off in the morning, you will hear it and awaken, not needing the other two. Think this over and over until you finally fall asleep. It worked for me. It's a mind over matter thing, sort of. Anyhow, you may be over tired, but sleeping too much will only make you more tired. And you may be needing something more in your diet, like iron, potassium, folic acid, etc. Try taking a really good multi-vitamin and an extra potassium supplement each day. You can also take B-12 daily to give you more energy. Many stores carry several varieties of energy drinks and this might also help. If you are stressed out a lot, or depressed, you tend to feel the way you are feeling, too. If it continues, you should see your doctor and get some tests to figure out the cause. Not all things work for all people, so I am only suggesting these things to try if you want to. I hope something works out for you from one or more of my suggestions. I'm really sorry you're feeling out of sorts. Take care, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Is there anything Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net