Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Levothyroxin?

I just started taking it today for hypothyroid and was wondering if others here are taking it. If so how long have you been taking it? Has it helped? Have you experienced any of the side-effects, if so how bad were they? I felt like throwing it back up as soon as it went down, is that normal?
Answer:
There are no side effects to Levothyroxin but you will start to feel better. I took it for years but have recently been switched to Armour Thyroid.

Be sure you doctor is giving you the right medication because there are several out there that have T3 or T4 or combination thereof.

It is important to know what your are deficient in.

Do not eat soy products. It blocks thyroid medication and will make you even more ill. I had a terrible time and lost a lot of my hair because the doctors did not tell me not to eat soy and I was eating it to avoid symptoms of menopause
I have been on it for five years and have had no problems it starts working after they get your thyroid leveals were they are suposed to be
hello.i;ve been taking it for 6yrs now 50 mg once a day..i;m not sure if its normal for you to feel the way you do.i had no problems when i started taking Levothyroxin..but you really should tell your Doctor about it.sometimes i would get sleepy from it but nothing bad.remember everyone is different.Hope i was of help...take care...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Is there anything Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net