Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Keeping Shoe Orthotics Clean?

I wear Orthotics in my shoes, recently they have started to smell, (I have had them about 6 months) does anyone have any idea what I might be able to clean them with?

The smell has not come from shoes as I have tried switching them into new pairs and I do not wear them for sports.

The Orthotics are not washable as they must not get wet, and I have already tried using a foot spray and fabreeze on them, both of which just added to the smell actually!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Answer:
I wear them too so I understand. I've always been pleased with the effects of Febreze but you said you've tried that. Try putting Odor Eaters in there on top of them and wear them that way for a while. That may absorb some of the odor. Once you're satisfied with that you can try what I do...I buy Dr. Scholl's padded inserts which feel nice and soft and they wear out in 2-3 weeks and I throw them out for new ones. This way I'm constantly changing out the place where the odor goes. Good Luck!! :)
I have these but only just got them.
Have you tried putting bicarbonate of soda on them, or even talcum powder to absorb any moisture.
I do this to someones shoes that smell. Tip a bit in leave it as long as poss and when the shoes are needed tap them into a bin until its all out. Hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Is there anything Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net