Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Last night my body goes numb that i can't even move. What's wrong?

Last night while i was asleep i remember having a very bad dream but i can't recall it. THen suddenly my body goes numb and i can't move. The numbness is overwhelming even if I'm half awake i can't move a muscle. I tried to move my finger then the numbness stop. I don't know what will happen to my last night if i haven't move my index finger. So what just i experienced?
Answer:
It's called sleep paralysis.

"What is sleep paralysis? Sleep paralysis consists of a period of inability to perform voluntary movements either at sleep onset (called hypnogogic or predormital form) or upon awakening (called hypnopompic or postdormtal form).

Sleep paralysis may also be referred to as isolated sleep paralysis, familial sleep paralysis, hynogogic or hypnopompic paralysis, predormital or postdormital paralysis

What are the symptoms? A complaint of inability to move the trunk or limbs at sleep onset or upon awakening
Presence of brief episodes of partial or complete skeletal muscle paralysis. Episodes can be associated with hypnagogic hallucinations or dream-like mentation (act or use of the brain)."

It's not harmful, just scary.
i dont know i got that but i got rid i dont know how
you were probably just dreaming. you might have still been in the twilight state (sort of in between sleep and awake) which is why you felt like you're actually awake but you felt numb. when you moved your finger you woke up completely.
Maybe you were sleeping funny, bad circulation might have caused a better part of your body to fall asleep. If the numbness was severe and lasted longer, I would've said it was a stroke, but if you're well enough to post this and it isn't recurring then it was probably just grogginess, an out-of- body experience, or a few limbs falling asleep like I said. You could've even been dreaming when it happened.
Its called sleep paralysis. I have had it, its often called Night Nurse paralysis by nurses.
You are asleep but parts of your brain are awake and functioning and it feels like you are awake. I know from experience it is very scary but it will not do you any harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Is there anything Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net