Sunday, October 25, 2009

Is there any one trying to give-up smoking?

have you any tips that help,I have the patches
Answer:
http://www.gosmokefree.co.uk/getunhooked...

Try this link for advice
I am a smoker and dont even consider giving it up!!
NiQuitin mint lozenges, they're pretty damned good, was on 55-60 a day and they've helped in a big way to get me down to about 5 max . . . happy fresh lungs to you :)
Well when i gave up smoking I used to drink lots of water whenever I had a craving!! It really feels up your belly and takes you mind off wanting a cigarette. Mind you I did find myself going to the toilet a lot more as a result! Another option is eat bananas. They are good for reducing cravings!! Good Luck!!

Above all, if you find yourself having a cigarette (which i did on a few occasions), don't feel that you have failed. Make sure you feel guilty about it though, and use it as an incentive in the future to remind yourself not to have a cigarette. That is what I did!!
Think of how you stink.
i know i should, apart from the health risks its costing me a fortune, gave up once for 6 weeks through will power alone, i hypnotised myself by just feeling disgusted at the thought of smoke and it seemed to work, although i started again...cant even remeber why! I want to give up again but think i will use some patches or lozenges aswell as willpower!
I am trying to and failing miserably ! Its awful, I am going to put some stubs in a jar with a little water in it, then when I feel I want a ciggy I am going to smell it ! God sounds awful already ! Good luck xx
I gave up smoking nearly 3 years ago.The only real way is to actually want to.Will power,will power,will power.

If you want an incentive,I saved the money I used to spend on smokes.

Lets say 拢5 per pack,one pack a day = 拢35.00 per week,and with 52 weeks in a year =拢1,820= A GREAT HOLIDAY
yeah me , but i gave up giving up .
if your not ready to stop smoking. nothing will help you..
you need to be ready to stop.
when you want a smoke, drink water and pick something up and hold it for 2 mins. do not pick up food.
good luck to you..
It was just plain self determination in my case. Smoked for more than 20 years but gave it up because i don't want to die of lung cancer and. . . i want to be credible when i tell my children that smoking is not good to one's health.

At first it was really hard but i was really determined to put a stop to it. There were many temptations even from friends (I belonged to a smoking group) but I managed to declined. After sometime, I tried to puff but my body didn't want it anymore. I cough everytime I try smoking. Now, I'm happy that I completely got rid of it. I just smile whenever I see girls smoking. "been there" I thought. And a lot of my friends in the group have also stopped. In my crowd nowadays, I noticed it's not that "in" anymore. Only a few are smoking. I think it's also because of the many campaigns on the hazards of smoking.

For those who really love to smoke, don't feel indifferent to people like me. Let's just respect each other's decision. Right?
I don't smoke, but a lot of my friends do, they always say
come Monday %26 im stopping.
up to now none of them have.
Stick with it regardless of how you feel.

I gave up smoking a year and a half ago. A year after that I completed a half marathon. I now run between 10 and 30 kilometres per week. I play badminton every week and have met new people through both sports. All the weight I put on I've now lost. The money I would have spent on cig's has been spent on a laptop, four weeks worth of holidays and I've invested some which is now paying for a trip to Japan.

I have the energy I need the whole day long. I'm not as tired as I was when I smoked. I can concentrate for longer because no cravings interrupt me, helping me finish a psychology course with the Open University. My skin is clearer. I can swim further underwater. I get sick less often. The walls and ceilings in my flat are the colour they're suposed to be. When I play sports with the kids I teach at school I no longer huff and puff or have a red face.

The chances of me getting cancer have reduced.

Try to imagine the benefits of giving up.

Plan how you will spend the money you're saving. Set yourself achievable goals, for example I started by putting cigarette money in a piggy bank and at the end of the month I went and bought myself a present for not smoking.

Start getting healthy, once you have good health you won't want to lose it by smoking again.

Change your routines, new routines that don't include smoking will be easier to stick to, compared to battling the craving that comes from old routines that have "holes" in. I changed my morning routine and immediately cut out my morning cigarette (and got an extra 10 minutes in bed!).

Try substituting cigarettes with other things. I now drink a hot cup of tea after dinner, much healthier. And in the beginning, making it distracted me from thinking about cigarettes.

Go and see your doctor! You've paid money into the NHS with the tax on the cig's you used to by, now's the time to cash in and ask your doctor for some professional help.

Finally, tell all your friends who smoke they are not to give/offer you cigarettes under any circumstances. Once you've given up you'll be able to help them do the same.
fill a jar with water and old cigarette ends put the lid on and shake every time you want a cigarette open it and sniff
if that doesnt put you off nothing will
Try attending a smoking cessation class if there is one near you. They do increase the statistical success rate. Also I have found it useful to supply patients with a more immediate form of NRT, as well as the patch. This should be used at times when you are weakening. Either gum, microtabs or best of all perhaps insufflators can be used.

I hope you succeed it is probably the best health move you can make.
I wouldn't recommend changing straight from cigarettes to nicorette, in fact I don't rate Nicorette at all.
I'd suggest just cutting your intake by half over a month or so and then by half again.

I manage to get through roughly five cigarettes a day now (ave)
Though recently I went and bought b+h silver and printed on the inside of the packet was a little picture and the words 'why am I here?'
I think that's the last pack I will ever buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Is there anything Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net