Saturday, October 31, 2009

Is yawning a reflex?

I've always noticed that people yawn after they see somebody else yawn. So I thought it might be a reflex. What do you think?
Answer:
Hahaha, I yawned just thinking about your question.

But yes, yawning is a relfex as well as a non-verbal message. Yawning is a way to get rid of excess cardon dioxide in the body and bring in more oxygen. Some say its also linked to being bored and tired. But since many Olympic athletes yawn before they compete, its not always being bored and tired.

Yawning also it a good way of stretching and relaxing the muscles in your jaw and back of the head and neck. I learned that in Yoga. =P

Why yawning is contagious is still somewhat unknown. Some say it lies with the "mirror neurons" in the brain that react when exposed to a stimulant.
i read in a book that yawning releases pressure in your head.
i'm not sure why you yawn when you see someone else yawn though.
Okay. That was weird. I yawned after I read that. Maybe it is a reflex. Just thinking about yawning makes me want to yawn.
Yes, it is a reflex.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Is there anything Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net