Sunday, October 25, 2009

Is this a panic attack?

Everytime I get i'm my car, I have butterflies in my stomach. And an ambulance drove past me with sirens and lights blazing.And my stomach turned, I had goosebumps on my arms, and the hairs stood on end. I'm at home now and feel shaky and sick.
What is this?
Answer:
This almost certainly sounds like an anxiety/ panic attack. In other cases, people experience a feeling of breathlesness and feel as they are going to 'die' of a heart attack. Traumatic experiences can trigger panic attacks so it is important to try and get to the root of the problem. Does this only happen when you get into your car? Was it the sound on an ambulance that triggered the response? I think some form of therapy could go some way to helping you work this out such as counselling or reiki. Book in to see someone at your local alternative health centre or if this doesnt work, perhaps see your GP and they will help control this with the aid of medication for anxiety and depression.
anxiety attack.. similar but not as bad
just think posotive and breathe properly you will be fine
Sounds like anxiety, u need to relax, take deep breathes thru
stomach and sing a christian tune in your head when this happens.
Could just be an evil force in the wind messin with ya.
I would say anxiety neurosis. And would suggest you a simple remedy, Rescue Remedy, a Bach Flower Essence availble with most health food stores.
You need to relax and not be so tense when you are going to drive. being overly tense can cause you to make mistakes in your driving judgment. Were you in an accident Lately? this can cause panic attack or make you more nervous. I know cause I have been there. It is a horrible feeling but you need to come to terms if you are going to be a good defensive driver.
Sounds like very bad anxiety. That's unpleasant, but I've had full blown panic attacks and I can honestly say that you would be unlikely to be able to drive at all if you'd had one. But maybe you are having them, everybody is different.

I felt like I had died and was empty and numb and unable to cope with anything at all. Even just sitting still feels like a mental strain with my mind racing over and over, out of control.

See your doctor and good luck to you.
I've had panic attacks for years. You know whenb you have one because you feel like you can't breath and you have to force yourself to. I think it was like when you're driving and you see a police car. Even though your not speeding you get these knots in your tummy. You'll know if you get an attack . I pray you will never get them.
I personally wouldn't call it a panic attack Try WebMD

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Is there anything Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net