Saturday, October 31, 2009

Is this some sort of mental illness or just a bad habit?

I go through long periods where I am emotionally blank. I don鈥檛 want to speak to anyone, do anything and am indifferent to everything around me. If I鈥檓 put in a situation where I am forced to be social I pretty much snap. I鈥檓 rude and generally rather unpleasant to be around and its not something I can control. I鈥檓 fine/indifferent one moment then the next I鈥檓 miserable as hell. Its starting to get worse again and whist I haven鈥檛 started hurting myself (this includes anything that wont leave visible evidence)I know it will end up at that. I know my boyfriend of 4 years hates it and its not fair for him to deal with it. So I want to try and sort it out but I have no clue what the problem is. I don鈥檛 really know if there is a problem. I鈥檝e always been like this. No one on here can tell me what鈥檚 my problem is but Does it sound like I have a problem to you? If so what? I just want to have something to say to my doctor if I go rather than 鈥渉ey doc! people think I'm a bit of a loose cannon"
Answer:
Hi. I work for the State of Georgia for Mental Health Illnesses I teach and counsel persons with these illnesses. as well as other topics of programming. From reading your email if you will, allow me, it sounds as though you have a mental illness called schizoaffective and/or schizophrenia and maybe even Bipolar Disorders. Now, don't get alarmed it does not mean you are crazy,these are sicknesses in the brain just as the body gets a cold or the flu.It is a brain malfunction in the neurontransmitters and you are feeling the effects from it at early stages.When I read that you have emotional blankness, and want to be left alone, that is one of the negative symptoms of schizophrenia, and a symptom of Schzioaffective. The depression and being miserable and on a mood swing sounds like bipolar. The good news is that you recoqnize the changes in yourself and what is going on with you and your family members probably do to. And there are medications that you can take which are antipsychotic and antidepressants that help put back that mechanisim that is missing your brain and you can continue to live a normal life. Depakote is one that will help you. By all means go to your Dr or Psychiatrist and get help early because this illness does progress to it's worse if you do not get a grip on it first ,and you call the shots with it just as you do when you have a cold. Be strong and don't panic. God is with you. Oh if the Dr prescribes you the meds and you have side effects don;t get a larmed at first, tell the Dr everything and he will work with you until you get the right one or ones. Plus the med have to work it;s way into your system.Watch if the meds zombie you out you do have control over what you take and how you need to feel. Please feel free too email me your outcome. I am praying for you.Oh go to the Internet and look up all these mental illnesses and their symptoms.
yes, you are either depressed or have a general anxiety disorder. Going on an anti-depressant did wonders for me. Just tell your doctor exactly what you have said here. Good luck!
I didn't read all that, but it sounds like you are bi-polar. You need to join a club or get a hobby or something. Maybe see someone about that too. I only think you need stress free activities like yoga or meditation.
Must be some personality disorder since you stated you've always been like that, there are several kinds so ask your doctor about it.
Mental Illness for sure. Get yourself a psychiatrist dear.
depression is not exclusivly catorgarised as being down in the dumps. feelings can include feeling isolated from people( not interested) lack of motivation, problems eating or sleeping. any emotions that you are feeling that make you feel like hurting yourself should be a sign for you to go see someone.
you could go to your doctor and explain how you are feeling, they may prescibe anti depressants which will eleviate the emotional side pretty quickly. however it is probably best if you go and seek some counselling to try and resolve the issues and why they are there. your doctor may recommend counselling and antidepressants or either one.
i would strongly recommend seeking counselling. if you take antidepressants only and do not deal with the problems you may be setting yourself up for dependancy.
hope this has helped. good luck.
It could be anxiety or bi-polar disorder, depression or you just might go thru phazes. It's hard to say without knowing you. But I would be very careful if you decide to try any kind of drugs for treatment. Look into holistic medicine, it's better for your body and overall health without the VERY DAMAGING side effects of prescriptions.
i've been there, definately go to the doctor, the meds will help alot. but you need to figure out what the underlying problem is. I made some life changes and haven't had the problem since, you should try to do that as well. It might also be caused by things you don't recognize, i havent had that problem since my wife left me.. hate to say it, but the relationship had something to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Is there anything Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net