Saturday, October 31, 2009

I've had my belly button pierced and may have an infection? Help???

I had it done 20th Jan and for a couple of weeks now there's been this white stuff coming out of it when I go to clean it and it goes kinda crusty all over the belly bar where it sticks out at the top and bottom... is that normal??? Doesn't sound it to me but I wanted to check?
Answer:
I have got my bellybutton done too, and some of my friends also. We all got that. Your body is just adapting to it. It's crusty around it because the skin wants to heal over it and the white stuff comes out because of all the inside skin that wants to grow over it but it can't. It's not an infection. Just continue cleaning it, and it should be okay within the next month. Thats how quickly mine cleared up. and I still have it. Good luck, I hope this helped.
It sounds like you do have an infection, or at least some irritation. Go back to the shop you had it done in, they will know for sure and will be able to tell you how to properly care for it.
You may want to go to a doctor to have it checked out. Don't remove the jewelry, though. If the doctor decides it's infected, they will decide the best course of action. I don't have a belly button piercing, but I do have a nose piercing. White pus is not a good thing, so go to the doctor to get it checked out.
Infections usually cause the area to be sore and swollen to, and pus is usually yellow. Unless you are sore I don't think you have an infection...just normal crusting. Keep it clean and ask the shop that did the piercing for advice.
Dumb Sh*t, you are not supposed to poke holes in your body. Apply Hydrogen Peroxide (get it in a drug store) twice a day. If the area gets red and tender and / or swells up, go to a clinic because you will probably need antibiotics at that point.
Belly button piercings are very suseptible to infection. Definately sounds like it is infected.

Swap with alcohol several times throughout the day and then apply an antibiotic ointment.

This area is one of the longest healing places for a piercing and consistant clothing rubbing it also encourages infection and irritation.

The best thing would be to remove it and let it heal. I'm sure that is not what you want to hear, especially since you just recently had it done.
Sound like pus which means infection which means if you don't get to a doc and get on an antibiotic you risk an intra-abdominal infection.
And that means hospital stay.
So what are you waiting for? Go to the doctor already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Is there anything Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net