Saturday, October 31, 2009

I've been getting a static shock more and more frequently lately...(like 20 times a day). Any ideas why?

This has happened more and more, and I even get shocked from plastic objects, basketballs, just about anything. I also shock people when I touch them. Is there some sort of medical condition that causes this? I'm starting to get nervous...
Answer:
Dry, warm air (indoors) makes excellent conditions for static charges. You could get a humidifier to increase the humidity. A great way to un-charge yourself is to touch one of the screw heads on a mains/electrical switch. I use my elbow to do this, and it does not hurt. Also, holding a coin or some other metal object when you go to touch something that normally gives you a shock will help protect you from pain (but not people or animals you might be touching).
the air is dry. thats all it is, you scuff your feet and dont pick them up enough when you walk. wear rubber soled shoes, look on the label, it must be real rubber.
nope, no problem with health, im guessing the weather is cold there at your place, it happens to me too ALOT!...it has something to do with cold air + electric charge in the air or something ....
use conditioner in your hair and downy for your clothes. you live somewhere that has little humidity.
I get that a lot too and I'm not sure why. It usually happens on the car or when touching people. I think it's because we have magnetic personalities, ha ha. No, really I guess it's from dry air in your house. I think it helps to get a humidifier.
How much water are you getting? What type of clothing are you wearing?
You will have some success with speaking with the professionals on ESD (Electro-Static Discharge)...I used to have the problem really badly getting in and out of vehicles, I just bought an ESD grounding strap for the car, problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Is there anything Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net