Sunday, October 25, 2009

Is there something wrong with my friend? Shes been getting really dizzy and constantly geting headaches....?

Ok this is what she told me. She said she's been getting headaches at weird times, like if she strectchs she gets dizzy, gets a headache, then sees black then as she out it "weird ugly colors", then she said she gets extremely hot.
Answer:
It sounds to me like hypoglycemia - low blood sugar - but without more details it is very hard to say for sure. Does she eat regularly? Does she drink or smoke? Is she too thin? Does she have any health conditions that run in her family?

I can tell you that I had a lot of trouble with hypoglycemia in my early 20s. I didn't eat regularly (too busy or dieting, that sort of thing) and I would get suddenly very dizzy from time to time and then would break out in a sweat. It caused me to faint several times, but it found that if I sat down right away (even just on the ground) and drank orange juice it would fix me right up. I found that exertion and/or alcohol made it come on often times, but it could happen at anytime, just walking in the sun even. It hardly happens at all now and I never took medicine for it.

If she finds that this sounds like her, then taking a bit of food with her wherever she goes (like keeping trail mix in her purse) would be very helpful and she should eat or drink some juice at the first sign of discomfort. If this does not sound like her, she may want to consider talking to a healthcare professional and getting to the bottom of it. This sort of thing can be very dangerous - particularly if an attack hits at the wrong time.

Peace!
Time to see a doctor!
she needs to get to the dr. ASAP.
That's just a "head rush". It usually happens when you stand up too fast or, like her, stretch hard.
Nothing to worry about.
She should go get a full medical. It could mean something simple like getting glasses or something more serious that you dont want to wait to long to diagnose.
Time to see a chiropractor.
Headache is a pain in the head, scalp or neck. Headaches can be
caused by minor problems like eyestrain, lack of coffee or more
serious reasons like head injury, brain tumors, encephalitis and
meningitis. Taking painkillers continuously can have harmful side
effects, so it is better to modify your lifestyle. More information
available at

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Is there anything Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net