Sunday, October 25, 2009

Is there a proper technique when running?

Like keep your back straight, or take long strides, or keep your feet in line or what? I tend to get a blister on the inside of my right foot when I run, and I was just wondering in general HOW I should run.
Answer:
It depends on if you over or under pronate. You should definetely go to a running store or a decent shoe store and have someone tell you the proper type of shoe you need. If you are getting a blister on the inside of your foot I would assume you over-pronate (because I get the same blister and Ive had my feet tested) In other words your foot rolls inward upon hitting the ground. Also invest in some of the 10 dollar socks, they help with the blisters. I used to think it was a bunch of bull honkey but the saying is true shoes make all the difference. Depending on your skill level.....Im assuming novice...try varying your step/stride and see what feels comfortable for you. Focus mainly on your breathing pattern when starting. They say as you progress you should run on your toes but I find with overpronation that causes shin splints. Hope this helps!! And good luck....you should sign up for a small 5k in your area....it will really motivate you to continue running and setting goals. Try keeping your shoulders relaxed and back to keep your chest open....focus on a breathing pattern in conjunction with your footsteps to get a rhythm....relax your arms too....I know at first that was hard for me to not remain so tense....Try if you can to run moreso on the balls/front part of your feet...rather than slapping your foot on the concrete.....but the breathing will help see what feels good...it will come naturally because you wont be thinking about how your feet are hitting..... Lata!
if you stop at a street light you have to keep your feet moving its bad to just stop like that blood needs to be in constant circulation.wear good sneakers%26lt;%26lt;thats your problem

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Is there anything Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net